Soups are best when made it big batches! This hearty batch recipe features lentils, which are rich in fiber, protein, and iron. Perfect meal for those on a plant based diet or when you just want to eat something satisfying and healthy!
Ingredients- *yields 6 servings
2 tbs. coconut oil
1 small onion
1 tsp. grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 ½ cups carrots, grated
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 cup red lentils
4 cups water or vegetable stock
2 cups chopped spinach, or other leafy green
1 tbs. red curry paste
1 cup of coconut milk
1 tbs. salt
¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Sauté onions, garlic, celery, and ginger in coconut oil for about 5 minutes
- Add curry paste and salt sauté for 2 minutes, until curry starts to become fragrant.
- Add lentils, carrots, and water or stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and chopped spinach and simmer for 10 more minutes, or until lentils and vegetables are cooked through.
- Garnish with cilantro serve hot.